For most of my teaching now I get invited by different art groups and schools to do workshops and 2 hour demonstrations.
I also do private tuition.
If you or your organisation is interested in these, please get in touch by email or you can ring me on 01539 724414
More student wrok you can find on my studentwork facebook page
JUST SOME OF THE THINGS I CAN OFFER
Day and weekend workshops/ 10 week courses
I’m available for 2 hour demonstrations on how to paint animals in acrylic an pastel mix media
On this Facebook page, you will see lots of images of work done by students, both adults and children
STOOLS FROM GHANA
The first part of the project is learning a about Ghana and about its traditions.
I will be talking about the people I met, their friendliness, their traditions I will be showing my photographs and some objects I brought back.
If possible I would like to go online and show some of the stools
This information is based on both research and my on experience.
Making of the stools
The children will be working in small groups. They will discuss the theme (animals/hobbies/film…) of their stool and put some designs on paper. They have to think about both structure and shape
For this workshop children will need to collect recycled materials.
WILD LIFE PATERNSChildren will be developing wild life patterns using different printing techniques. These can either be used to make big jig saws, or With the older ones we can focus on drawing the animals on a large scale, cut them and use them as part of a mural
- Workshops about different cultures Where is Belgium? A country not very well known, but never the less very interesting (I would say that, wouldn’t I) Make a montage with all the interesting bits and I’m not just talking about the chocolate.
- In other classes the children are learning about the farm and the farm animals. I could do making animal paintings or even make the animals. In English they then could write a story about the animals.
- Murals Subject related workshop
Give me the contexts you would like me to work with and I will design the workshop.
some examples :
2006 Workshops through out the school: Stools in Ghana, Wild Life patterns, Arnside Primary School
- Over the last 10 years, I have been doing workshop usually mix media studies, with different Art societies
- The last 3 years, I also started doing 2 hour demonstrations on how to do an acrylic and pastel study of an animal
- 2015 -1998 Beginners drawing
- 2015-2000 Intermediate drawing (and some painting)
- 2015 Painting scapes
- 2014 Painting nature
- 2015 Queen Elisabeth School Kirkby Kendal. I showed the Children different techniques on using Acrylic and pastel, which they then applied in there A level work
- 2015 Settlebeck school Primary: The children did some Mixmedia drawings(acrylic and pastel) of farm animals on A2 sized paper
- 2015 Settlebeck Highschool: Charcoal drawings of farm animals on A2 size paper
- 2015 Burton Morewood CE Primary. 2 days of Mixmedia drawings(acrylic and pastel) of farm animals on A2 sized paper, 2 days of creating Burton cows A1 size cow profile which are decorated with all different aspects of Burton
- 2014-2010 Drawing and painting. Organised by the Lakes Adult education centre
- 2010 Panto pronto:year 3 and 4:The ‘Panto Pronto’ scenery was part of a cross –curricular project on pantomime. The children explored all the different characters from pantomime and how they had been portrayed on posters and in advertising. We researched the different characters from many fairytales and then the children made their initial drawings. I encouraged them to paint a lot bigger than they usually do; year 4s using a limited palette ( to avoid muddy colours) and year 3s using black and white to create startling contrasts. Dark outlines ensured visibility from the back of the hall. These were mounted to make a vibrant backdrop for the play. The children wrote and directed the play
- 2010 The butterfly work was part of a cross-curricular project on mini-beasts. Year 2 children visited a butterfly house to gather information and then designed their own butterfly. Using watered down paint and using a folding technique they created beautiful patterns on their butterflies. These were finished with black lines. The process was repeated on both sides. When these were assembled as a mobile they created a stunning centre piece, hanging from the hall ceiling.
- 2009 year 1 Ghyllside school: the class worked together on a large scale(7x2m) painting inspired by Miro
- 2009 year 3 Ghyllside School: the children drew wildlife animals on a large scale. on these they painted patterns using different printing techniques
- 2007 The Big Draw, Drawing workshop in Kirkby Kendal School, Kendal, with a-level students.
- 2007 year 2 Ghyllside School: large charcoal drawing of a forest(joint effort of all the children, Finished of with colourful mini beast.
- 2007 I ran a play-group for toddlers at the Methodist church, which included lots of creative activities, exploring paint and other materials
- 2006 Workshops through out the school: Stools in Ghana, Wild Life patterns, Arnside Primary School2011 (for several years)
- 2006Ghyllside school: redecorating the cloakrooms in a Jackson Pollock -Alien style.
- Want to draw?/want to draw more. Drawing class in the Brewery Arts Centre Kendal, to help improve drawing skills and confidence
Water colour Beginners at the Brewery Arts Centre
- 2000 I was part of the designing and executing team of the Millennium Mural(2 by 8m), which after being exhibited in different venues in the South Lakes, went on permanent display in the Kendal Library. This included workshops with children of all ages.
- 1999 Residencies on several farms organised by Kendal Windows on Art. The paintings went on show in Sizergh Barn shop, The Westmoreland shopping Centre and at the Westmoreland Show.
- 1999 Beginners Drawing and Painting class. Adult Education. Brewery Art Centre Kendal
- 2000 Beginners Drawing and Painting class. Adult Education
- 2000 Beginners Drawing and Painting. Open College of the North West. Stage A and B. Dallam Community Education
- 1997/1999 Making space workshops. Art workshops with Schizophrenic people and their care takers. Organised at Green Door Studios.
- 1994 I worked for a few years in a migration centre in Belgium, where the projects I put together about the different cultures living in Ghent, were always followed up by art workshops. The biggest project I was involved with was the reconstruction of a Moroccan Village, as part of a larger exhibition. The whole school was involved.
This is a mixture of work by beginners drawing classes and beginners with some experience…
All work, apart from the water colour is done on an A2 sizes paper (Even the mushrooms and shells)
These are just some of the works students, both children and adults have done over the years…
Back to Top