I was born in Bruges and finished my studies in interior Architecture in 1993. After a 3-year break, during which I worked as an educational assistant in an immigration center, traveled to the states, Ghana and several countries in Europe.
In 1995 I had a holiday romance in the mountains of Andalusia, which was the reason I moved to Kendal. It was my partner (now husband) who encouraged me, to start painting again.
‘I observe animals, their shapes, gestures and mannerisms and in developing my ideas, I take them quite often out of their context. I like using bold colours.
In my work, I explore the possibilities of bringing the subjects in and out of focus. Composition plays an important role in my paintings. I sometimes use perspective to distort images.
I enjoy the gathering of information as much as I do the painting. Cows are funny creatures. Just like humans, they have their own characters. Their faces show expressions and a curiosity that never stop to amaze and fascinate me.’
Since 2008 Alpha1 Marketing has been representing me and selling limited edition prints and originals all over the UK and Ireland
I was short listed twice, 2009 and 2010, for the category Best-selling up and coming artist at The Art and Framing Industry Awards hosted by the Fine Art Trade guilt.
With my boys growing up, our house was getting to small to keep working from home.
This summer(2013), I opened a Studio-Gallery in Kendal, where I paint and sell from.
We were very determent and opened the gallery in 2 weeks
The gallery has cheered up this end of town. People are talking about it. And it has inspired other artist, as next door will be occupied soon by a rug maker.
I’ve started working with a company who puts my images onto cushions, aprons, tea towels and bags. They are lovely and colourfull.
The space feels nice and peaceful. I feel inspired working here.
- Sinds 1998 Ongoing Exhibition at the Jumble Room, Grasmere
- 2012, 11, 09, 08, 07, 06 Open Studio end exhibition in the house
- 2012, 11, 10, 09 Lowsizergbarn, Sizergh, near Kendal
- 2007 Percyhouse Cockermouth
- 2007 Yew Tree Barn, High Newton, Cumbria
- 2006 Gallery15, Penrith
- 2006 Theatre by the Lake, Keswick
- 2005 Artisan, Kendal
- 2002 Editions Ltd., Blue Coat Chambers, Liverpool.
- 2000 Sizergh Barn shop Sizergh.
- 1999 Odd Fellows Contemporary Art Ltd, Kendal.
- 1998 Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal.
- 20012, 11, 10, 09, 08, 07 NEC Spring fair, Birmingham
- 2011, The Untitled Artist Fair, Chelsea
- 2012-2006 Finestra Gallery, Kirkby Longsdale
- 2012 ,11 ,10, 09, 08, 07 Yew Tree Barn, High Newton, Cumbria
- 2012-97 Green Door Studios Group Exhibitions.
- 2012-09 Stockbrigde gallery, dogs in art, Hampshire
- 2011, 09 Kendal Museum, Kendal
- 2010,09,08,07 ORIGINALS ART, Bridgenorth, Shropshire
- 2010, 09, 08 AFFORDABLE ART FAIR, London, Edinbrugh, Bristol, Antwerp
- 2010,09,08,07,06, 05 FINESTRA GALLERY,Kirkby Lonsdale
- 2009, 02 art @ Cedarfarm, Lancashire
- 2008,07 NEC Autumn fair, Birmingham
- 2008 HOUSE OF BRUAR, Perthshire
- 2008 PERCY HOUSE,Cockermouth
- 2008, 07,06,05 Finestra Gallery, Kirkby Longsdale
- 2007 VIBRANT ART, Stow on de Wold
- 2007 ART ROOM 59, Dunfermline,Fife
- 2005, 02 Brewery Open, Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal.
- 2002 Brantwood, Coniston.
- 2006, 02 The Pinfold Gallery, Bowness.
- 2001 Museum Gallery, Keswick.
- 1999,00,01,02 Lakes Artist Show, Grasmere.
- 1999 Millennium Show, Odd Fellows Contemporary Art Ltd.
- 1999 Upfront Gallery, Skelton, near Preston.
- 1998 Lintoncourt Gallery, Settle.
- 1997 Green Door Studios Members Exhibition, Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal.
I also exhibit in many more galleries throughout the UK and Ireland, and have work in private collections in Great Britain and abroad.
Back to Top